Bottom Line: BAWSCA is Partnering with its Member Agencies to Offer Rebates of up to $150 on Purchases of High-Efficiency Toilets!
The Bay Area Water Supply and Conservation Agency (BAWSCA) is an organization representing the interests of 24 local water suppliers throughout San Mateo, Santa Clara, and parts of Alameda Counties.
Working with these cities, BAWSCA is offering rebates of up to $150 per toilet to residential and commercial customers who purchase and install high-efficiency toilets (HET) this year. Participating cities include:
- Cal-Water - San Mateo/San Carlos
- Cal-Water - South San Fancisco
- Coastside County Water District (Coastside)
- Daly City
- Foster City
- Menlo Park
- Mid-Peninsula Water District (Belmont)
- Redwood City
- San Bruno
Our goal is to issue as many as 15,000 HET rebates this year and to replace the older toilets that are wasting our precious water!
HETs are modern, water-efficient toilets that are designed to use 1.3 gallons per flush (GPF) or less. Although they use up to 62% less water than older toilets, they perform well and remove waste efficiently. By replacing an old, high-water use toilet with a brand new HET, local residents and businesses can go "green" by saving a lot of water, while at the same time saving up to $150 on the cost of an HET and saving money on their water and sewer bills.
The BAWSCA HET rebate is available when an existing toilet that uses 3.5 GPF or more is replaced with a qualifying HET that uses 1.3 GPF or less.
- Click here for a List of Qualifying HETs. Toilets must be purchased between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2010. Other restrictions apply.
- All of the BAWSCA HET rebate program details and a List of Qualifying HETs are available here or by calling 650-349-3000. Rebate applications are also available here or at local retail stores and from participating member agencies.